As 2011 comes to an end and 2012 is on the horizon I've been thinking about this campaign Berean challenged us with back at the beginning of 2010. Living a Decade on Purpose. I know you can't plan your life out to the T but this made me think of the many days that have passed with me just putting around lazily. It also made me think of everything that has happened/ accomplished this past year:
- I finished Cosmetology School.
- We witnessed a beautiful wedding between our friends Jenna & Evan.
- We are expecting our 2nd baby.
- Adelle's speech has improved dramatically, as well as the love we have for her.
- I learned to knit
- I've improved my sewing skills dramatically
- finished countless projects
- Made new friends at the small Church in Gretna
- Brett is working hard towards his degree in Video Game design & Simulation
- Watched one of the dresses I made be photographed and featured on a Nebraska Wedding Photographer's website
- Written tutorials to help other women learn to sew (and this is one of my favorites because I am so passionate about creating)
- Made new blog friends
To put it in perspective for myself: Adelle will be 11 years old, Adrian will be 7. I will be 33 years old and Brett 32.
- By 2020 I want to own a house
- I want to do Omaha Fashion Week as a designer
- I want to work in a studio along side some awesome and talented hair stylists
- I want Brett to be working his dream job
- Adelle and Adrian to be straight A students
- To be well behaved, grateful, sympathetic, and giving
- working towards knowing Jesus
- engaging in their talent
- and playing games like it's nobodies business!
- I want our family to be close knit but not that creepy close knit where people are weary about the family
- I want to be even closer to my oldest of friends
- And better at making new friends
- I want Brett and I to take a vacation just the two of us to New England and go exploring
I love new beginnings! I love list making and accomplishing! What do you want out of this New Year?